Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to change up my ogre so it is better to ride everywhere.
don't get me wrong i can ride it everywhere now but its time for some new tires anyway . right now its set up for single track riding i want to set it up more for m.u.p/road/bike packing/ single track, just an all around fun bike . I'm looking for some recommendations on tires and what size is preferred I'm running some hans damp tires now. i was looking at some kenda small block 8 and slant six tires which looked ok also saw a straggler and saw the knard 700x41 . how small width wise can i run on a set of flow ex wheels the knards should work right. or should i go for a bigger tire say like a 29x1.95 or 2.0 any help is appreciated.
also here is a pic of my ogre I'm looking to change my saddle and my bars would like something with a little more sweep if possible .
any suggestions there would be great also. t.i.a

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good i will look them up what size you thinking ? the h.d are fairly big so I'm thinking to go to the other end of the spectrum to see how it is with a smaller tire I'm looking at the 700x40 so yeah what size and deal you got ?

·
Registered
887 Posts
What about the saddle is less than ideal? That will help people give recommendations. As for bars, there are a multitude of swept bars these days. What are you thinking? How wide? How much rise? How much sweep?

As for tires, just pick some that look like they will do the trick. There is always going to be a compromise. Good road/commute tires will be less good in the soft stuff, and vice versa. For value, I've actually had really good experience with bontrager hybrid type tires. Schwalbe marathons are great allrounders if you aren't concerned about weight. I've ridden them on and off road with good results, given the compromises.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I'm going to try a Henge saddle from specialized the original saddle had rather high arch on the front and I'm thinking that the flatter style on the Henge will work better for me. As far as the bars go
I'm leaning toward the lines of the Jones 660 bend h bar or something similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts