Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the stock spring on my RS Tora 318 U-Turn. There is supposed to be 30cc of 15wt oil and I cannot figure out how or when I'm suppossed to add the oil. Can I just pour it in from the top of the upper tube? Or does it have to go in from the bottom of the tube? Also any ideas on what to use to measure/pour the oil with?
TIA

Dave

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
You add the oil.....

just before put the bolt in on the bottom and tighten it down. The procedure is to push the lowers about 3/4's of the way onto the stanchions, invert the fork and pour the oil in. The push the lowers the rest of the way on and bolt em up to spec. The easiest method of getting the oil in is with a syringe. But if you have a steady hand it can be down with a standard plastic measuring cup. The key is to measure the correct amount, 30cc isn't that much and most meauring cups don't have increments that small. Best place to source a syringe of the appropiate size is a vetrinary supply or farm supply store.

Good Dirt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.