Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at changing out my air shock on my Klein Mantra to a coil spring shock. I am having difficulty finding one with the correct stroke length. Does anyone know if going to a slightly shorter stroke length would be a problem, major or minor? Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
804 Posts
What is the eye-to-eye length?
I have a 6.5" on mine. Just replaced the FOX Vanilla coil with a Manitou Swinger 3 way from the Santa Cruz website.
The slightly shorter stroke hasn't reared it's head yet. 1/4 inch shy on stroke for both lengths for the current standard of 1.5" and 2.5" strokes.
So far with a street ride it is a world of difference. Adding a platform and rebound damping is a vast improvement.
From the website:http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/support/questions/mantra_shock_replacement.html

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
coils

Jups said:
I am looking at changing out my air shock on my Klein Mantra to a coil spring shock. I am having difficulty finding one with the correct stroke length. Does anyone know if going to a slightly shorter stroke length would be a problem, major or minor? Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks
The lower end Mantras came standard with coil springs. The Pro model had air. and some of the Races did as well.depending on the year it was made.

Any particular . reason why you want to go (backwards) back to coil springs? And what year/model is your Mantra?

·
Registered
265 Posts
yeah, but if its damped, then whats the issue?

or are you comparing air shocks which have a flood gate setup where they need a set force before they start to work and that on a mantra, that would be a much better type oc suspension action.

Never ridden a mantra, so cant really comment on whether one would be better or not. I do half fancy one though for a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.