Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i might be getting a giant stance 2 and it has a 130mm fork and a 120mm shock. i want to upgrade the shock to a 130mm shock but i dont know if i can. if anyone that has a stance and has done this or anyone know if i can, i would be very thankful.

· Registered
52 Posts
Sometimes you can keep the same eye to eye length but get a shock with a different stroke length. However, you have to be careful about frame/seat clearance with the extra travel and the ride characteristics of the bike will change (for better or worse). With that type of bike I'm not sure it's worth it.

· Registered
466 Posts
So i might be getting a giant stance 2 and it has a 130mm fork and a 120mm shock. i want to upgrade the shock to a 130mm shock but i dont know if i can. if anyone that has a stance and has done this or anyone know if i can, i would be very thankful.
Not worth it, Stance doesn't even have Maestro ( this could sometimes be done on Trance models).
Forget it and learn to live and ride with 120mm. You will anyway upgrade to Trance/Reign in 1-2 years :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.