Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I bought a DB recoil about 3 years and so far I have no complaints. I have upgraded the fork to a RS Tora U-turn 302 and a Fox float rear shock. Now I was thinking of buying either a Fuji outland rc or a Fuji reveal 2 frame. I can get either frame for about 500. Do you guys think is worth it? Are these frames better? Or should I just keep ridding my Recoil and forget about the Fuji frames? Thanks in advance

·
Papa T
273 Posts
Generally, different brands and makes of bikes use different rear shocks in reference to leverage ratio, eye to eye length and travel. Before you buy a new frame, verify all of your current components will work on the new frame, otherwise you may be spending more money on new components to get the new frame up and running.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Generally, different brands and makes of bikes use different rear shocks in reference to leverage ratio, eye to eye length and travel. Before you buy a new frame, verify all of your current components will work on the new frame, otherwise you may be spending more money on new components to get the new frame up and running.
Thanks man. The new frames come with the rear shock already

·
Papa T
273 Posts
Thanks man. The new frames come with the rear shock already
Lol, I forgot, I have been building up too many warranty frames lately and typically every other one will use a slightly different shock spec.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts