Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all.

I have just brought a new (used) GT Force 3.0. It has a full shimano deore group set except for the wheels.
They are the stock Alex TD24 rims & All Terra hubs.
I have a set of Mavic Crossland that I brought 2 years ago as NOS but they have the small quick release skewers.

I've seen you can get adaptors to change these to the 15mm axel that the bike currently has.

I really like the Mavic & have always riden on Mavic, but am unsure of the conversion.
The 1 thing i don't like about them is they can be used with a rim break. Ironically that's why I brought them in the first place. I feel this makes the wheel set a bit of a compromise for a more serious bike.

So are these Mavics going to be much better then the stock set up? Is the conversion worth it?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been reading that the All Terra hubs are rebranded GT hubs & there not very good after all.
Seeing as they are already 7 years old & my existing Mavics are only 3 years, it must be worth the swap.
Dose anyone know what adaptors are needed?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.