Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Paper or plastic?
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm switching to mechanical disc brake on my front wheel. I see that Pricepoint sells the 05 BB7 for real cheap. Any meaningful difference between the 05 and the 06?

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
zorg said:
I'm switching to mechanical disc brake on my front wheel. I see that Pricepoint sells the 05 BB7 for real cheap. Any meaningful difference between the 05 and the 06?
Nothing at all wrong with the 05 BB7. I dont believe there was even cosmetic changes between the 05 and 06 models? Get em. you will not be disappointed.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
I don't think anything changed. Maybe they changed rotors?
That's what I thought. I'll go ahead and order them and a good set of brake housing.

·
over researcher
1,158 Posts
Is there a difference with the caliper mounts? I was comparing the mounts between some 2005's I saw on eBay, and the mounts I saw on avid's website.

ebay

sram.com

The sram site shows mounts that appear to be machined. Or am I just seeing things?

What's all this talk about the stutter and/or squeal of the avid rotors? I know I've read about it on the Juicy brakes, but I thought I may have also read about it on the BB7. So, the 2005 (clean sweep??) and the 2006 (roundagon) rotors perform the exact same?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.