Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my carbine 26 for one year, but I am noticing that i am using all travel in this bike. I am no sure if i Should upgrade the suspension (fork and shock) and change it to 275 or just get a new bike? has anyone done this changes? any regrets? also I would like to know the difference between changing the 26' to the 275 Vs getting the carbine 275?

Cesar

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I am interested in knowing too. Initially the only difference between the Carbine and the Carbine 275 was the dropouts. I was wondering if they changed the frame at all for the new year or just changed the paint and decals and shipped them with the 275 dropouts.

However, in the end I love my tracer 2 and understand the carbine is just as awesome if not a little more so. So I would take that money and ride that bike some where new, like spain, and maybe toss another 5psi into your suspension. Life is about the journey not the vehicle you are traveling on.

·
Dude, got any schwag?
848 Posts
Same bike. Your Carbine is only a year old, switch to 27.5 with drops, wheels & a new fork!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Using all your suspension as in you're bottoming out too much? Or are you riding beyond the capabilities of the bike?

My vote is to upgrade to 275 and do a massive suspension review if it's still the right bike for you. Companies like Push Ind and Avalanche can breathe new life into your suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts