Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
2muchair said:
Can I change my SID100 to a 80? I broke my FSX carbon and I need a 80 for my hard tail. I also broke my I-drive frame which the SID 100 was on. Can I do it? :(
Nope you can't. The SID 100 has no adjustability. The SID XC was the 80mm version of it and it could be converted to 63mm but the 100 can't be reduced. Anyway, even if you're hardtail is designed around 80mm going to 100mm won't affect it that much. It will slacken the head angle by about 1 degree and steer slightly slower and more stable. A lot of people prefer running them like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply..

Unfortunately I feel like I'm riding my rear tire now and it takes to much effort on the climbs to keep the nose down. The Sea Otter race is this weekend and I feel uncomfortable on this bike now. Two broken bikes what luck.[

QUOTE=Hecubus]Nope you can't. The SID 100 has no adjustability. The SID XC was the 80mm version of it and it could be converted to 63mm but the 100 can't be reduced. Anyway, even if you're hardtail is designed around 80mm going to 100mm won't affect it that much. It will slacken the head angle by about 1 degree and steer slightly slower and more stable. A lot of people prefer running them like this.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
2muchair said:
Unfortunately I feel like I'm riding my rear tire now and it takes to much effort on the climbs to keep the nose down. The Sea Otter race is this weekend and I feel uncomfortable on this bike now. Two broken bikes what luck.
It has two air chambers (DUAL-AIR), maybe? Add more presssure to the pushing down chamber to make it 80mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.