Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I own a Cannondale Prophet size L, with Lefty max and DHX coil 5.0 200/50 (is special tuned).

After 2 years of good riding, I feel the need of more travel and a slacker head angle.

I thought about to get an used Gemini frame size M (I still want to use it for longer rides), it's the one with 3 pivot positions.

First of all - is there a chance to get 57mm of travel of of the DHX to fit it to the Gemini?

Second: If I got 57mm - is it that better performance than prophet?

Do you guess I can ride it with my Lefty Max 140mm for some month, because I really got not much money yet?
Later, I'll go Lyrik U-Turn, I guess.

I mean, how much slacker the Gemini will be with the Lefty and how much better is performance?

Thanks a lot guys

Greetings

Reno

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have both and they run almost identical in size, is your Prophet to big? or do you just want to go down size for a smaller bike for more aggressive type of riding... I ride a large the Gemini with a 50mm stem with some rise and the Prophet with lower 90mm stem (big change, glad I didn't start messing with frame sizing)

Unfortunately I believe you will need a new shock for the Gemini.

The Gemini would actually be steeper than the Prophet in the FR setting with a Lefty, I think you would need to set the Gemini to the 150 setting to slacken it out a bit... the 170 setting is great with long forks.

I really like both bikes but if I could only have one, I think I would go with a Gemini set to 150 and a 160mm Marzocchi 55 fork (feels like the Prophet in FR mode with a better (higher) BB hight.... I have my Gemini set to 170mm travel and a 180mm fork for parks and shuttling but it would get old fast for an everyday bike unless you had some really killer trails close by.

For as cheap as the Gemini's go for it might be better to buy a compete bike used on Ebay and either mix and match or upgrade as money allows (buying last years parts and take offs makes its pretty affordable but you have to be patient for a killer deal)

After ridding my regular Prophet and a Prophet MX I would want the thru axle on anything I was going to ride hard... go for the Gemini with the 12mm thru axel.

RenoRulez said:
Hi guys!

I own a Cannondale Prophet size L, with Lefty max and DHX coil 5.0 200/50 (is special tuned).

After 2 years of good riding, I feel the need of more travel and a slacker head angle.

I thought about to get an used Gemini frame size M (I still want to use it for longer rides), it's the one with 3 pivot positions.

First of all - is there a chance to get 57mm of travel of of the DHX to fit it to the Gemini?

Second: If I got 57mm - is it that better performance than prophet?

Do you guess I can ride it with my Lefty Max 140mm for some month, because I really got not much money yet?
Later, I'll go Lyrik U-Turn, I guess.

I mean, how much slacker the Gemini will be with the Lefty and how much better is performance?

Thanks a lot guys

Greetings

Reno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.