Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
i'm having problems with my VF. I weight 90kg and the fork is too soft and "dunk's" too easily.

For this situation what do you think it's the best solution,
swap the oil or the upper bolts for a bigger ones? The last option will reduce my 200mm travel to about 190mm or so ... the oil will take some sensibility ...

What do you think it's best? For the 888VF '06 suspension, there isn't any springs available so far ... so i only have these 2 options.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Postmodvm said:
Hey guys,
i'm having problems with my VF. I weight 90kg and the fork is too soft and "dunk's" too easily.

For this situation what do you think it's the best solution,
swap the oil or the upper bolts for a bigger ones? The last option will reduce my 200mm travel to about 190mm or so ... the oil will take some sensibility ...

What do you think it's best? For the 888VF '06 suspension, there isn't any springs available so far ... so i only have these 2 options.
Going with thicker oil will increase compression dampiong, so it will dive less and will be harder to bottom out. I don't understand the second solution. Could you elaborate on the upper bolts?

_MK

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, i'm talking about the top "screws" ... the 888RC has top rebound and compression ajust ... the VF does not has any top ajustments so there are 2 silver "bolts" or screws on the top instead of the adjustment controls ...sorry i can't explain myself better :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.