Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Let's Go!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
My "buddies" bailed on the trip down to ride Oakridge area (I've been there 5 times) so I thought I'd head over to Bend instead. Trouble is my vacation is set for the end of July - Too hot? Too dry? Where should I go for that time of year? Thanks!
TH

·
Registered
927 Posts
Oakridge or bust!!

Dude, the middle of July will most likely put you in the thick of "moon dust" season in Bend. Take it from a local Bend guy......go to Oakridge and ride your ass off. Come to Bend in September for the epic riding in the high lakes area of Central Oregon. July is probably the worst time of year to ride in Bend, unless you like the ol' dusty trail.

My .02$.

BFE

Sparticus said:
\/\/hat's \/\/rong \/\/ith sticking \/\/ith your original Oakridge plan?

--Sparty

·
Registered
459 Posts
Im taking a road trip at the end of July, wheres Oakridge? also was thinking about McKinzie and the Upqua, wheres the trail head and good place to camp in the van.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Glen Campbell said:
Im taking a road trip at the end of July, wheres Oakridge? also was thinking about McKinzie and the Upqua, wheres the trail head and good place to camp in the van.
Look through the Oregon board threads. You'll find lots of Oakridge info. Sasquatch's threads are often of rides in the Oakridge areas. If his pics don't whet your appetite for Oakridge riding, then you're not a mountain biker!

Oakridge is between the North Umpqua and the McKenzie. About 40 miles southeast of Eugene on Highway 58. You can also score some local knowledge and ride guides by posting up on the Disciples of Dirt e-group (links in Sparticus' and Sasquatch's sigs?)

Good place to camp in the van? Down by the river....:D

Albee

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Glen Campbell said:
The way you spell, you'll fit in well around Oakridge. ;)

Oakridge is 40 miles SE of Eugene, surrounded by the Willamette National Forest. There are many trails that are accessed within 30 minutes of Oakridge. The local bike shop, Willamette Mtn Mercantile can give you good trail info, and they sell maps. The Trailhead Cafe in Oakridge is a popular meeting spot before and after rides, and you'll probably find people willing to show you the trails if you stop by on a weekend morning.

Check out posts that I've created here:
http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?searchid=6869026

Many of them are from local rides around Oakridge.

Have fun!:D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.