Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Veni Vidi Vici
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your inputs in this situation:???: :idea:

Last May or April:confused: , I bought my gray ML, from my favorite LBS. During that time, some guy was also getting his blue medium ML.... I put on a lot of miles in my ML... around 3,000km ( 1864 miles ) maybe more...... the other guys ML only had less than 150km (93miles).... it is really in mint condition... No scratch whatsoever... my gray ML has some...

Here is the deal I am facing right now;

He is selling his blue ML to me, someone is buying my ml..... the difference is $150.... my question is, is it worth it? should i push through with the deal.... I have to decide this weekend:madman:

·
sit! stay!
1,125 Posts
hmmm... definite quandry...

two things:

1) will the warrenty transfer? that could be a risk...

2) every frame has its particular quirks in my expereince... most are imperceptable i'm sure... but it get's back to number one... if there is a manufacturing defect such as a rear alignment issue will you have warrenty?

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
dog said:
hmmm... definite quandry...

two things:

1) will the warrenty transfer? that could be a risk...

2) every frame has its particular quirks in my expereince... most are imperceptable i'm sure... but it get's back to number one... if there is a manufacturing defect such as a rear alignment issue will you have warrenty?
good point dog... in theory I think not, but who knows..maybe, BL, if you talk to Titus about it

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Worth it?

A friend once talked me in to trading my slightly used XTR front for his brand new XT front derailluer. "Yours is used, mine is new", he argued.
We swapped. A month later I had a used XT and he had a used XTR.

Moral of the story, we're no longer friends. But for other reasons.

6 months from now your blue frame will be scratched more, and you'll be out the $150 it would have cost to powdercoat the grey frame. Not to mention losing your warranty that goes with the original owner.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
A friend once talked me in to trading my slightly used XTR front for his brand new XT front derailluer. "Yours is used, mine is new", he argued.
We swapped. A month later I had a used XT and he had a used XTR.

Moral of the story, we're no longer friends. But for other reasons.

6 months from now your blue frame will be scratched more, and you'll be out the $150 it would have cost to powdercoat the grey frame. Not to mention losing your warranty that goes with the original owner.
Good point, Bob! It hadn't occurred to me that the money could also be used for new paint...ummm....custom paint... spectrum powderworks, anyone? ;) :)

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
what about the shock?

You're probably due for a shock servicing and with this newer frame, you'd be getting a newer rear shock, and possibly a shock upgrade.

GO FOR IT!

It's the cost of 3 tires...

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
dulyebr said:
what about the shock?

You're probably due for a shock servicing and with this newer frame, you'd be getting a newer rear servicing, and a possible shock upgrade.

GO FOR IT!

It's the cost of 3 tires...
True! :madman:

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Or he could use the $150 to push the shock and keep his own warranty....... just adding options...

EDIT: whoops...forgot for a moment where BL is... that could get expensive in shipping...

·
6,360 Posts
Eerk!!!!!

demo_slug said:
feast your eyes. the hotest motolite ever made.

made in USA, limited addition sexy red, painted to match freeride lowers and 8 inch disks front and back.
It still erks me to see your frame cause I ordered a red and got the grey. But it's cool I like the grey, and like you said, red is for gehy"s. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
zorg said:
Or he could sell his frame and buy an EG when it comes out. I hope that this was helpful. :)
I think white looks realy good with the new stickers. red and white are my favorite ML PC colors. then blue. then fox grey, then blacky sparkle grey(with skulls).

·
6,360 Posts
demo_slug said:
I think white looks realy good with the new stickers. red and white are my favorite ML PC colors. then blue. then fox grey, then blacky sparkle grey(with skulls).
Red,white and blue are my favorite colors, but like you said, those colors are for gehy's. My "sparkle" grey with skulls is for bad ass scary MEN like myself. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.