Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
cdouble
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace the Reba fork on my Gary Fisher Rig 29er. It's an older frame with the original first generation Genesis geometry. The newer forks are designed for the G2 geometry, which I think includes a longer offset to shorten trail and speed up the steering. I like the idea of quicker steering, but wondering if the combo would be "weird" on a frame that wasn't designed around the G2 geometry. Thoughts?

Chris

·
nothing to see here
3,280 Posts
I have to replace the Reba fork on my Gary Fisher Rig 29er. It's an older frame with the original first generation Genesis geometry. The newer forks are designed for the G2 geometry, which I think includes a longer offset to shorten trail and speed up the steering. I like the idea of quicker steering, but wondering if the combo would be "weird" on a frame that wasn't designed around the G2 geometry. Thoughts?

Chris
As long as you're not changing the head angle by replacing the fork, I think it should be OK. The G2 fork will probably improve the handling. I don't think it will burst into flames.

FWIW, I'd love to try a rigid fork with more offset on my Kona Unit. OS Bikes Blackbuck has such a fork on a frame with a relatively steep head angle (74-72 degrees) depending on fork length. It is claimed to handle almost intuitively.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.