Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the rules on practice? i need to know if my open face helmet will work for them, and if i need to bring pants if i wear my knee and shin guards. need to know by tomorrow.

thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
480) 963-1053 to make sure ask for Reny
Here's info from their website: WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
1. First, a helmet is required, and the ABA and Chandler BMX highly recommends one with full-face protection. Most ABA tracks have "loaner" helmets for beginners to use. A lot of times, a good inexpensive helmet can be found at garage sales or in the pit area of your local BMX track.
2. Long sleeve shirt.
3. Long pants.
4. Any tennis shoe is sufficient.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha thats not a bad idea, we just need to get jordan off that cast and back riding again. i gave them a call and they didnt answer, ill try again later.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had fun, no wrecks this time, but i did have a few go down in front of me..i was feeling pretty good about myself until erik nelson showed up. does anyone know were to get the pictures taken by the camera guy that was movin around the track?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it was 112 when i got there, i wore my long sleeve jersey and pulled the sleeves up just under my elbows and jeans with a pair of athletic shorts and shin guards under with a fullface and i only got hot waiting for the gate.

do you ride mtb or bmx there?

·
It's a Sledgehammer.
357 Posts
Well, I just recently got a 24" cruiser made by Staats, so I've been riding that trying to learn the bmx skills.. but I am primarily a mountain biker.

I tell you what, riding bmx for a couple months has changed my mtb riding for the better,
it's way, way harder to be a good bmxer imo. It sure is fun, I haven't raced yet, but my 5 year old has a few times and loves it.

I got a red staats and a black giro fullface.. so look me up.
-josh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.