Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies!
I'm wanting to try some chamois butter to help the lady bits out but need some advice/recs. I was going to try out some of my husband's, but it has menthol in it and I'm not quite sure about using that. Also, do you put it directly on the skin or just on your chamois? I asked my husband for advice but thought some female specific advice would be helpful.
Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use the "Eurostyle" Chamois Butt'r and love it! Yes, it has menthol, but that just gives a slight cooling sensation. You should be able to get it in a small trial packet from your local bike shop to try it out. Chamois Butt'r, a saddle that fits you, and a good pair of cycling shorts are key to a comfortable ride :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
http://www.reflectsports.com/anti-chafing-skin-cream

This one is my favorite - no menthol, but it has eucalyptus and tea tree oil and other things that are a little tingly/refreshing. Whether you prefer those types or something like Chamois Butt'r, which just has the lubricant properties and nothing else is totally personal preference.

·
Registered
90 Posts
+1 on the Hoo Ha Ride Glide (reflectsports); has a nice scent and works well - nooks, crannys, anywhere you get chafing (sometimes my hydration pack rubs the back of my arm). They also sell it in trial sizes before you commit to the big tube.
I put it directly on my chamois and let it work it's way ...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
H2oChick said:
+1 on the Hoo Ha Ride Glide (reflectsports); has a nice scent and works well - nooks, crannys, anywhere you get chafing (sometimes my hydration pack rubs the back of my arm). They also sell it in trial sizes before you commit to the big tube.
I put it directly on my chamois and let it work it's way ...
The other nice thing about the trial size packets is that you can throw one in your pack or in your back pocket for long road rides (very nice for centuries and the like where you're going to stop and use the bathroom and want to re-apply.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.