Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
SSweetleaf said:
Anyone know how the trails up there are? I obviously didn't make it to the Red Mesa ride. So i was thinking about going up there for a ride.
Pretty good shape Tim - just some boot and dog foot packed "snow" (icy crap) here and there where it stays shady. Otherwise it's in good shape - as is Winsor and the other usually snowed in trails!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Glen

couldn't make it out for a New Years day ride because my daughter is sick. I hopefully will make it up there for a ride Tuesday. That Atalaya ride sounds good though too.

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
You Working at 2?

Tim,
Are you thinking about riding AM or PM? Mind some company?

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
Today's Not Tuesday?

Tim,
Guess I haven't fully recovered from NY Eve yet. I was following the Red Mesa thread but down to Albuquerque by 10am seemed a bit ambitious on NY Day. As it was I didn't roll out until almost 11am. Anyhow I was going to hit Chamisa today about 1pm and do the loop we did last month. Sorry, but I'm pretty much a wage slave tomorrow.
Happy New Year

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds nice

I hope you enjoyed Chamisa. Did you take Winsor up to Pacheco to Big Tesuque then back to burn? Well, we will hook up for a ride sometime in 2006. Peace

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
Different Route

Tim,
I dropped into Winsor from Chamisa but instead of doing the Pacheco/BT loop I hit the Borrego/Bear Wallow triangle then back out Chamisa and Sidewinder (No-Name) to the road. No issues in regard to snow/ice. Bear Wallow was the only trail with any real accumulation but not enough to create any problems. Burn to Winsor would be a good option beacause the crossings are all frozen. Enjoy today's ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts