Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about a Chameleon for a trail/hucker bike. I am a hair taller than 6" and have always liked a roomy cockpit. I will use a z150 on it and will be taking it on longish pisgah rides with technical downhills. Any comments on what frame size to get? thanks.

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Im 5-9 and ride a medium with a 50mm stem and its spot on. The small is just stupid small for me. At over 6 ft, You need a large at minimum imo.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
chameleons(all SCs?) have a freakishly short TT. Love the bike hate the TT length. I am 5'6" and had to get a medium just so I would have enough room and it is just barely enough. therefore I am lacking in the standover department. That said mine is setup for XC-freeride with a 100mm stem. since you are looking for a hucking bike it probably won't be as big a deal.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
889 Posts
Also recommend a large..

I'm 6' even and ride a large with a Shiver SC and a 100mm stem for agressive trail riding. Perfect setup and rarely have any soreness in my back even on the more epic rides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.