Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
6'2" with long legs. Went with the XL and am glad I did so. Didn't want to do the short top tube/long stem thing to make it work. The bike fits properly for XC riding, but also works for urban/more aggressive riding by lowering the seat.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
5'10" had a large 08 70mm stem built for AM/XC , was fine had a pike fork fitted great for climbing and dh, only problem I had was it nailed my back, sold it and bought a Superlight, no problems now. swopped all my bits over and bought a fox120 fork.

·
Registered
116 Posts
6`1 and have a large with 30mm stem....and I am very happy with it!!
I tried an M before but even with a very long seatpost (425mm) it was too short (seattube..)
I wanted a very compact frame but the M just did not fit for the uphills.....finally the L is fine...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im Not worried too much about the length, its the same as my current hardtail and i quite like it.

Im more worried about the seat tube length i think it will be too short for XC work as you say, it will be a bit of a 'do it all' bike, not dedicated xc. Im just wondering if with a 410mm seatpost it might be ok?

Thanks for the replies all :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
ossi said:
Thanks guys..... keep em comming!

Anyone out there riding a Medium and around 6 foot tall? If so how do you find it?

Thanks!
I'm 5'11" and ride a medium Chameleon and find that it's a great fit for me with a 100mm stem, 2in. riser bar and 130mm fork. My 07 Superlight and 04 Blur are both size large. My Bullit and Heckler were both mediums and my Blur 4X was a large. I found all of them to fit me quite well. Personal preferences vary of course. I find when a bike has slacker geometry and is more of a playbike or longer travel bike, I prefer a medium. When it's more XC oriented, I prefer a large.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am 5'8" and I have a Medium and it fits me well and my friends, I use it as a back up bike for friends and my urban ride to the liquor store bike :thumbsup:

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
6 ft. tall, 33" inseam, large frame, cut a 410 mm seatpost to drop farther if needed, but still get proper leg extension. The post hit the bottle boss mounts. I run a short 40 mm stem for playing around, I would probably run a 70 mm - 90 mm for trail riding.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
ossi said:
Im more worried about the seat tube length i think it will be too short for XC work as you say,
I think the Medium has a 16 inch seat tube. I am 176cm/just under 5'10", with shortish legs. One of my bikes has a 40cm seat tube (close enough to 16") and I wouldn't really want any more seat post visible.

Link to my bike pic: not quite fished but getting close.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ossi said:
Im Not worried too much about the length, its the same as my current hardtail and i quite like it.

Im more worried about the seat tube length i think it will be too short for XC work as you say, it will be a bit of a 'do it all' bike, not dedicated xc. Im just wondering if with a 410mm seatpost it might be ok?

Thanks for the replies all :)
i'm using 410mm thomson on a large CHAMELEON (mostly xc), i climb with it pretty high up. i do a lot of jumping too on my bike & i can put my seat all the way down & have a ton of stand over on the top tube. the geometry of this frame is phenomenal, it just really does come down to personal prefrence in the end. i ride large frame when it comes to xc/am & medium on fr/dh rigs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.