Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Duke sl off my litespeed, I am looking for more travel...any ideas, or what is working well for you...I wiegh about 195 lbs.....

·
is down to roll...
719 Posts

I'm currently running a Z-1, but will switch up to a SC Shiver soon. Currently, I haven't logged enough miles to review.

-ebRich

PS- lrg frame, 6' 180lb rider

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
power to ya'

East Bay Rich said:

I'm currently running a Z-1, but will switch up to a SC Shiver soon. Currently, I haven't logged enough miles to review.

-ebRich

PS- lrg frame, 6' 180lb rider
thats funny i just got a large orange frame aswell....

·
Daddy of 3 now!
261 Posts
Z1

Robin1 said:
Vanilla RL 125 set at 100. 230# clydesdale
running a Z1 130mm, thinking of reducing shock internally to 110mm. have lots of sag 1" setup to 2" while riding, dont' think reducing the travel will make much of a diff.
210lbs clydesdale as well.

·
Monkey
325 Posts
BetweenTrees said:
I just got a z1 is it too much for trail?
It was for my kind of trails here, and running the Cham SS so 1-2lb less up front and steeper angle makes a huge difference for me. All depends on where you're riding and terrain condition. I do love the feel of the Cham with the Z1 though!

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
I have found the chameleon to work best with a 110mm fork if you are running all around and XC. For DH/freeride/hucks a 130 and a short stem are the ticket, but it will climb like dookie. However, the new Z1 eta forks work great since you can run 130 everywhere except the climbs.

·
crashes in parkinglot
1,257 Posts
03 Z1, have done numerous long rides i think my bike weighs in around 34#s. I had crazy thoughts of getting a talas, but i like the slack head angle esp for descending and while climing you learn to weight the front of your saddle more and/or keep your chest lower. I'd like to get another Cham w/ a older z1 (w/ 4" for urban/trials/park) but that is some time in the future.

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
I am running a Sherman Firefly 110/130. Even with the shortish cockpit, a 50mm stem, and that fork, it still climbs well enough for a trail bike. I'd rather get stronger legs and bigger lungs than a smaller fork for that bike.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
884 Posts
Was running a Z1, now a Shiver SC...

Was trying to reduce a little weight and front end height while still keeping the front end plush and stiff. 195 lbs, running a 100mm stem, and rarely do more than 2-3 hour trail rides. Both great forks with ETA to better handle the climbs

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
J_B said:
While up at Northstar this weekend, I saw a kid running a Z150 on his Chameleon.
Probably a fun fork for DH/FR on a Chameleon.

EricTheRed (posting up there above), he runs a Boxxer on his from time to time and it's nice on there, not nearly as raked as you would think.

I'm running a z1 qr20 on mine now and it's like the bike was built around it. Very nice fork and NOT too much for for epic XC. I'd be running a 6" boxxer if I still had one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts