Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i hope someone can help i am looking at buying a second hand Chameleon frame(02) that is 16",as it is a frame i obviously cant test ride it so i am wondering will i be too big at 5 foot 11 inches?
Any help appreciated cheers

·
is down to roll...
727 Posts
I'm 6' and rode both a large 04 and a medium 05 Chameleon. The large was great for XC and trail riding. It felt pretty normal and if all I did was ride trails, then I would've stuck with it. The medium is great for street, dj's, park, and bmx tracks. However, I set the medium up w/ SS, 24s, and a rigid fork. The large had a z1, 26s, and 2x9 w/ bashguard. I did have 26s and 2x9 at one point with the medium, but it wasn't a good fit for me since I don't do as much XC anymore.
-ebRich

·
Go Fast, Take Chances.
204 Posts
i ride a large

hey, according to SC website at 5'11" you are just one notch above the cut off for a medium (16") frame but some people like their frames a little on the smaller side. i am 6' even and ride a large with a 70mm stem length and it is the most comfortable i have ever been on a bike. i think you will be good to go with the medium frame. good luck with the chameleon, it is a great all around bike, i will never sell mine, never!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
kirkeeboy,
I am 5'11" and ride a medium with a 100mm stem with a 2" riser bar and find it to be a good fit for me. I also have a 5" travel fork and the geometry and fit of the bike is much to my liking. I could also ride a large but prefer the medium for more techy riding. FWIW, I rode a medium Bullit and Heckler and currently ride a large Blur Classic and a large Blur 4X. A good starting point for what size of frame to get is to compare your current bike's top tube length with the bike you're considering buying. Then compare the rest of the geometry numbers of the frame. Weigh the likes/dislikes etc. and go from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.