Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what the Chameleon chainline is or is supposed to be. I have some new Race Face cranks and I don't want to screw with chainline. I have the option of 48, 49 or 50mm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are the new Race Face Deus X-Type. There is no choice in spindle length but a choice of 1 mm spacers that fit onto the spindle crank set-up.

The spacers move the crank arms out or in depending on how many spacers you put in. The come set up for 49mm spacing, so you can remove a spacer to make it a 48mm chainline or add a spacer to make it a 50mm.

I would like to know what the recommended chainline is so I don't have to put the cranks on and then take them of for adjustment.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
civdic said:
They are the new Race Face Deus X-Type. There is no choice in spindle length but a choice of 1 mm spacers that fit onto the spindle crank set-up.

The spacers move the crank arms out or in depending on how many spacers you put in. The come set up for 49mm spacing, so you can remove a spacer to make it a 48mm chainline or add a spacer to make it a 50mm.

I would like to know what the recommended chainline is so I don't have to put the cranks on and then take them of for adjustment.
Wow it would've taken about 20min to do a little trial and error yet you have waited 24hrs and still don't have an answer. :rolleyes:

-TS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheSherpa said:
Wow it would've taken about 20min to do a little trial and error yet you have waited 24hrs and still don't have an answer. :rolleyes:

I can tell by your comment you have no idea how these cranks go together. It's a bit of a process to assemble these correctly. Thanks for your input, I'll be sure to save it or pass it along to someone else...you've been most helpful. :rolleyes:

P.S. Race Face and Santa Cruz have no idea what the correct chainline should be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts