Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am considering buying a Chameleon for some all mountain riding.
Purpose is to build it 2X9 or 3X9 gears.
But I have little doubts about the eccentric bracket.
I read in some reviews that it can make a "creacking" sound.
How do yo guys think about it? true or not, anyone had already some
experience with it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its a great help for SS'ers with the new EBB incorporated in the 08 lizard frame. Its easy to adjust the chain and it eliminates the use of tensioners n halflink. I don't know about the creaked sound mine is well greased. No problems encountered yet, sweet ride! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Greased mine up during the build , no creaks , mine is set up 3-9, you have to have the BB in the 6 or 12 o'clock position depends on your front mech, I have mine at the 12 position for my mech and it gives a little more pedal clearance which is helpfull. I have the Pike coil U turn and the bike feels great with that fork, climbs fine and goes down hill great, I've gone for a light AM feel XTR cranks , mechs, chain ,brakes 180 fr 160 rr, shifters, xt cassette 32-11, thomson post and stem , easton momkey lite xc bars, Hope pro II hubs with DT swiss xr4.2 rims, racing ralphs 2.2 for the dry, Kenda Blue groove 2.35 for the wet days.
chris king headset. weighs in around 26lb, another good thing for the wet UK, is you can run a one piece rear mech cable and piggy back to the rear brake mounts, I just tie wrapped brake and cable back to back.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Thanks K2, the Chameleon seems to be a hardtail version of the Heckler, it has similar characteristics, and can be built burly or light just like the Heckler, a bike for all occasions :) I've just put a Lyric on the Heckler, thats really made burly :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.