Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am wonderng if anyone is going to Chamberlin Ranch on New Years. Actually I am just looking for info on Chamberlin Ranch in geneal. I am a returning cyclist who is out of shape, but working on getting back into riding shape. I have been riding again since last June and am even now riding Road bikes to improve my fitness.

Anyway's, I was speaking to a customer of mine and he implied that you would basically need to be a top shelf rider to atempt the XC ourse at Chamberlin. Is this acurate? Would a returning rider just be in the way out there? I would like to go check it out, but if it is super technical and I would be in peoples way, I will just make the drive down to Big Sycamore and ride there on New Years.

Also can some one give me some more general info on the Chamberlin Ranch? I am confused as to wether or not this place is open to the general public every weekend end or just certian weekend of the year. I do realise that there is a cost involved in riding there ($30 IIRC). Please give me any info you can on the place, I would truly appreciate it.

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,369 Posts
Here's the link to the Flyer. Chamberlin Ranch is far from being too difficult for all but the fittest riders. On the XC race course, there are only 2 sections where you might have to walk. And that is probably not more than 200 feet total between the 2 sections. Most people will probably be doing gravity stuff, and it's not like there's a race or anything, so come on down. It's a nice day.

As far as access goes, it is private property. And only open for certain events. Check RideSB.com for the schedule. Mike Hecker (the organizer) is putting together the StumpGrinder Bicycle Club club where people can join and $5/day to ride out there, but it's still a work in progress right now.

PM me if you have any other questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.