Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Yo Paseo El Scream
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting to really ride my scream, and i wanna protect from scratching the chainstay up, i've tried tires, and lizard skins, but nothing fits, the lizard skins is too small, and the tires hit my crank arm when it comes around. Anybody got advice?

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
BansheeHucker said:
Im starting to really ride my scream, and i wanna protect from scratching the chainstay up, i've tried tires, and lizard skins, but nothing fits, the lizard skins is too small, and the tires hit my crank arm when it comes around. Anybody got advice?
roadie bar tape...

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Lucky13 said:
electrik tape looks pimp.
Damn i may be ghetto but not that ghetto, thats roadie bar tape. Vinyl dammit. I keep the electical tape keeping my car together but never the bike!!!!!!! Zip ties and loctite only 4 the bikes.

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Dammmmmm u!!!!!!!

ironhorsebike1 said:
dude a nice electric tape layer looks way better that zip ties (consistent, no pokey edges, and won't shift aroud what-so-ever)
Its viynl tape!!!! U have to melt the ends on!!!! hit it w/ a heat gun and it gets snug and tight! 2 or 3 layers and it wont move and ur bike gets quiet too. Pls pls pls believe nme its not electric tape!!! theres no adhesive like tape. y doesnt anyone believe me????

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
matt said:
should we get the oversized or the supersize, which one is bigger?
I'm pretty sure I got the oversized. It's 6.75" wide ( 5.25" velcro to velcro), so that'll fit chainstays 2" tall and .75" thick. Length is a bit more than 10", so depending on how much you want to cover you might want to get two. I ordered three for two bikes and cut one in half.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.