Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DRS (dual ring chainguide) and want to use a 22-36 or 22-38 up front...will this be ok? I read somewhere that there is a 10 tooth limit between gears, but not sure if I believe this as I have a bike that is 22-32-44. I will be using an XTR front deraileur.

Thanks.

· Registered
619 Posts
OK for me

chrisabruce said:
I have a DRS (dual ring chainguide) and want to use a 22-36 or 22-38 up front...will this be ok? I read somewhere that there is a 10 tooth limit between gears, but not sure if I believe this as I have a bike that is 22-32-44. I will be using an XTR front deraileur.

Thanks.
I'm running the Evil DRS with a 36-22 combo. Works fine on my RFX with old (95') XTR front der. I'm using the smaller size bash guard, just covers the 36, you'd need the larger size that comes with the DRS to cover the 38 or bigger.

· Registered
856 Posts
chrisabruce said:

Thanks.
Shimano says 12t (14t on the double road). You can probably swing 14t, but 16t may be too much. I say keep the 22t and try a 36t.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.