Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a chain ring for my SS, it's currently in the, "convert this to a single speed the quickest and cheapest way possible" build. now i want to get some better bits and fix some of the issues i have with my current set up.

looked at ISAR's website and was all ready to order a chain ring when i entered my crank, it came up with only the option to go spiderless. Now my M751 has a spider that is pressed on. how does this work? I thought i needed the 4 bolt 104 bcd.

so guys, what do i need. (i did send a PM to ISAR but I'm in instant gratification mode and wanted to get a ring and cog ordered tonight while i have some time.

Thanks,

·
Registered
242 Posts
I know the XTR M951 and M952 comes stock from Shimano with replaceable spiders that are held down with a lock ring. It looks like to me that the XT M751 cranks' spider is pressed in to the crank arm so I'd just get the 104 bcd rings if you had to order them tonight if this is how your drive side crank arm look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine looks to be pressed on, gonna double check to make sure but it looks exactly like hardguys photo, just with a lot more dirt and grit on it :D Thanks for the feedback. I was scratching my head trying to figure out how i'd keep a chain ring on that crank without the spider.

I'll order my ring today!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.