Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you have ordered form them in the past. I just recently put in an order for some components for my new frame and have been waiting now 4-5 days for them to ship.

The website says that the order is still processing, and even after that, I'm pretty sure that the parts have to be shipped from Europe.

Anyone ordered from them that could fill me in on how long i could expect to wait for parts?

·
Registered
434 Posts
my 5 orders from CRC have always taken around 10-12 days to reach me here in CO

also the website always shows "processing" right up until it is delivered, so don't worry about that

some orders arrive in multiple boxs

also, make sure someone is able to be there and sign for the package(s)

there are several threads in the "where are the best deals" forums

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doco said:
my 5 orders from CRC have always taken around 10-12 days to reach me here in CO

also the website always shows "processing" right up until it is delivered, so don't worry about that

some orders arrive in multiple boxs

also, make sure someone is able to be there and sign for the package(s)

there are several threads in the "where are the best deals" forums
If the website is going to say processing from the time i order, till right up to when its delivered, how am I supposed to know when i need to be at home to sign for the stuffs? I havnt seen a tracking number on my view/track order page at all.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I know, it's a catch 22 situation

I start watching for it around day 9 and have everything shipped to my office, and meet up with the mailman, he comes by everyday at the same time

I kind of guesstimate when it's coming

it's a pain in the a$% but well worth it considering the $ I have saved with the prices and free shipping

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I am just on the other side of Europe from CRC, but my orders always say "Complete" or "Shipped" when it is handed over to the shipping company. I always get a mail saying that it is shipped, too, and I find a tracking number in "My Account".

My orders have usually shipped within a day or two. Not counting weekends and public holidays.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Calles said:
If the website is going to say processing from the time i order, till right up to when its delivered, how am I supposed to know when i need to be at home to sign for the stuffs? I havnt seen a tracking number on my view/track order page at all.
You can track the order. The shipping reference number is on view/track page, then go to parcelforce to track it. I believe the link to parcelforce is on the same page.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in the US so actual shipping time will be longer of course. But I would think that actually filling the order should take the same amount of time... Thanks the for help guys, ill try using the order number at parcelforce or whatever it is lol.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
I'm in the southeast and I ordered stuff from them and it took about 2 1/2 weeks but I may have missed the mail man a couple of times or it was on back order etc... I was also having trouble with my account page on their site. Never could log in. Not a computer guru so could be my mistake. Shipping times vary. Couldn't wait for mine either.Seems like it was an eternity before it came.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update for those of you who may be watching this thread. They just updated the site, and emailed me tracking information. Took about 5 business days to process :(. Hopefully shipping doesnt take too long! But on the plus side, my sweet new pedals seat are on there way to the states!

:thumbsup: Now only got about a billion more pieces to add to the list, and im done! lol.

Next will be fork and crank set I should think...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hardtailkid said:
What crankset and fork do you have at the moment?
I don't have either at the moment. A fork is next on the list though

Here is a link to the build thread that I just started. It is going to be an over-the-winter project.

·
B A N N E D
5,275 Posts
Shipping time from ChainReaction SUX. 3 days now and it is still "Processing" I will never order from them again......
Your order might still say 'Processing' after you've received it.

ChainReactionCycles said:
Q My order says 'Processing' on my account, but it's arrived already. What do I do?

A The order won't be a duplicate – order tracking updates are run at various times throughout the day so it may take a little time for your online account status to change. We're so quick even the technology can't keep up!
How did you pay for your order ?

Some payment methods can take 7 to 9 working days to process and they won't send out a order till the payment has been processed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I paid with PayPal. No response to my emails either. I give. I am cancelling and launching a PayPal dispute (first time ever launching a dispute and I order stuff from China all the time) Communication is key. I read all of the policys before I ordered. I would have never ordered from them to save $5 but have to wait weeks for my stuff.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I paid with PayPal. No response to my emails either. I give. I am cancelling and launching a PayPal dispute (first time ever launching a dispute and I order stuff from China all the time) Communication is key. I read all of the policys before I ordered. I would have never ordered from them to save $5 but have to wait weeks for my stuff.
It was Easter weekend, perhaps they shut down for a couple days? If it's only been 3 days, I wouldnt bother with a PayPal dispute. I'm not sure they'll even do anything if its been that short of time. I ordered from them on 4/2 and got my part yesterday. So it only took a week, and I live in the US.

I would suggest rarely ever ordering from out of country, especially to only save $5. The item I ordered wasn't available in the US, so I didn't have much of an option...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I understand the holiday and all and I dont mean to rant. I just wish someone would at least reply to an email. I mentioned ordering from China. My other hobby is flying RC helecopters. China is the place to get items for this hobby without going broke. For years I have had stuff sent from overseas vendors and when in doubt they always replied to emails setting the buyer's mind at ease. Never once had a problem or delay that was not responded to. Communication is all I ask for...well... The stuff I paid for would be nice too..

·
Registered
419 Posts
I feel your frustration, I was hoping to help put you at ease. I know some people have had issues with them, but I've ordered from them 3 times now (I think?) without a hiccup. What'd you order btw? I always like looking at shiny new bike parts!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts