Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really sure what forum to post this in but since I went to Chainreaction to get a good price on handbuilt wheels with hope hubs I figured I post here. This is the third time I have order wheels from chainreaction and they are normally awesome but this time they have "had an IT issue and are unable to process my order until they figured out what happened with the system". I ordered the wheels two weeks ago and my account was charged at that time. I have provided their customer service folks with the order number and asked if it would help if I sent them the order confirmation email that they sent me as it has the details my order. I was told that would not help becuase they need to figure out the IT issue. I don't understand why a customers order cannot be processed when the customer can show proof of payment and can show what was specifically ordered... unless my order was not an anomaly and the problem is widespread.
Anyone else having this problem?

I asked about getting my money back and that question was ignored.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Nope, sadly I've been on a bit of a roll recently, placed 4 orders over the last month and a bit and no issues with any of the orders, well other than one taking a couple days to ship. I normally find their CS to be really good any time I've had issues, I just give them a call and they're always very helpful, seem like real people who understand hat it's like when you have trouble with your order etc. My only gripe with them is the blockaide on Shimano and SRAM parts to my region, lumping me in with the US, so I can't buy the parts I need, despite not being with a plane flight of any dealer.

·
Norðwegr
1,910 Posts
If you paid by card, talk to your bank and have them force it back. Two weeks isn't acceptable :skep:

Never had that kind of problem with CRC, placed dozens of orders with them and sister-store wiggle.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...I figured I'd try and elevate the issue before I went the credit card route. My wheels are now on the way to Phoenix. A manager was able to confirm a "processing issue which had prevented my order from downloading into their system" AND he was able to "resolved the system issue" AND he made the order a priority. I don't know why the customer service rep I have been emailing could not fix the issue or could not get it to someone that could fix it.
They got the wheels build and to their international carrier yesterday. I got a tracking number and it looks like the wheels are ready to fly out of London any minute.

Unfortunately the rest of my order (a few odds and ends) did not ship with the wheels so I'll follow up on those in a few more days if necessary.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Good to hear, but why would you deal with this via e-mail and not just pick up the phone and talk to someone in person? :eek:ut: Always had more luck dealing with stuff when talking directly to someone, then follow up with e-mail if necessary/warranted.

Thanks guys...I figured I'd try and elevate the issue before I went the credit card route. My wheels are now on the way to Phoenix. A manager was able to confirm a "processing issue which had prevented my order from downloading into their system" AND he was able to "resolved the system issue" AND he made the order a priority. I don't know why the customer service rep I have been emailing could not fix the issue or could not get it to someone that could fix it.
They got the wheels build and to their international carrier yesterday. I got a tracking number and it looks like the wheels are ready to fly out of London any minute.

Unfortunately the rest of my order (a few odds and ends) did not ship with the wheels so I'll follow up on those in a few more days if necessary.

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!
6,382 Posts
Good to hear, but why would you deal with this via e-mail and not just pick up the phone and talk to someone in person? :eek:ut: Always had more luck dealing with stuff when talking directly to someone, then follow up with e-mail if necessary/warranted.
Guessing international calls + time zones make email more convenient.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Not really sure what forum to post this in but since I went to Chainreaction to get a good price on handbuilt wheels with hope hubs I figured I post here. This is the third time I have order wheels from chainreaction and they are normally awesome but this time they have "had an IT issue and are unable to process my order until they figured out what happened with the system". I ordered the wheels two weeks ago and my account was charged at that time. I have provided their customer service folks with the order number and asked if it would help if I sent them the order confirmation email that they sent me as it has the details my order. I was told that would not help becuase they need to figure out the IT issue. I don't understand why a customers order cannot be processed when the customer can show proof of payment and can show what was specifically ordered... unless my order was not an anomaly and the problem is widespread.
Anyone else having this problem?

I asked about getting my money back and that question was ignored.
I have two claims in from my last two orders

Ordered a 2017 Manitou Mattoc- got a 2014 Manitou Mattoc. They offered a $50 discount on my next order.

Other issue is I bought $550 worth of goods and only got a box with an $85 crank. Bit of a hassle going back and forth with them on it. Pretty frustrating. Will see what they will do.

Ordering from them forever- first two issues in the last month.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.