Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the chainline spec on the Bronson off the top of their head? 49mm? 50mm? I thought it was on their site, but I cant find it there.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Chainline is a crankset spec. That said, bikes with 135/142 rear spacing typically work best with a 49-51mm chainline.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah gotcha. Thanks. So with my chainring being reversible between 49 and 50 depending on which side you mount it on, it shouldn't make much difference because they're both within that zone.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the guide ring M. I was curious about the chainline because I looked closely at the ring and it was worn considerably but mainly on the outside of the narrow teeth. But that could be a product of frequently using the lower gears on the cassette. I honest don't know which direction I have the ring mounted in So I'm not sure if it's 49 or 50.

I posted about the wear over in the drivetrain forum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah the guide ring M. I was curious about the chainline because I looked closely at the ring and it was worn considerably but mainly on the outside of the narrow teeth. But that could be a product of frequently using the lower gears on the cassette. I honest don't know which direction I have the ring mounted in So I'm not sure if it's 49 or 50.

I posted about the wear over in the drivetrain forum.
Note also if you have converted a two speed crank to single the chain line was in the middle of the 2 chain rings

1 - 6 of 6 Posts