Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some input. Converting to 1x10 using a General Lee Cassette and Wolftooth 28t front ring.
WT recommends 4 extra links after wrapping it around the largest cog and front ring.

I just want to get feedback from others since I'm using a XT long cage RD and the General Lee, not a 36t cog.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I put 2 links + quick link and its great. Did 3 1x10 conversions this way.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That will work, but I find it better to have the chain going through the rear derailleur, big cog up front, big cog in the rear, pull the chain tight, then add two complete links; big link, little link, big link, little link. Those extra links will give you something to play with if you snap your chain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you like the General Lee?
Thinking of getting one rather than a Oneup.
Don't know, I ordered from BAGNOLI BIKE Italy Davide & Alessandro | Castiglione Della Pescaia.
They sent the wrong one, then when I asked for them to correct it, all of a sudden the shimano one was out of stock.

I waited, but it was coming up to the 45days for Paypal dispute so I just asked for a refund.

FYI, Paypal is useless. I was told I had to ship the item back first, ok, but they couldn't get the shipping cost from the seller, paypal could only refund what was charged.
So it gets shipped to me no tracking, but I have to ship it tracked or if it get lost I don't get me refund. To shipped it tracked to Italy- cheapest was $85.

So other than keeping your CC hidden PP is useless, just use your CC charge back. Now it's on the seller to send a return label if they want the item back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts