Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, got to get a chain guide for my 2006 big hit frame i'm building up, was thinking of getting an e13 light guide but on the e13 website it says it won't fit, can anyone contradict/confirm this please? 2nd choice is a gamut, anyone got any experience with this? Any other suggestions are welcome, light as possible, i don't really need a bash ring.
Cheers, Ben :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
the LG1 probably doesn't fit because in 2006 Specialized used the wrong ISCG mounts. can't remember exactly the ones they used. but its not the same as the LG1

i would still say give e-13 a call. they are very helpful, whether you work at a shop or not.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers DHS, does that mean that any 'normal' iscg guide will be a problem to fit, for example a gamut. What is everyone else using on their big hits?
Thanks, Ben :thumbsup:

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
ben_stamp said:
Cheers DHS, does that mean that any 'normal' iscg guide will be a problem to fit, for example a gamut. What is everyone else using on their big hits?
Thanks, Ben :thumbsup:
Since the Big Hit II uses a Truvativ guide and Truvativ isn't using the ISCG06 standard it's a pretty safe bet that a standard ISCG guide will work. On my 03 Big Hit I'm using the MRP System 3 w/ a Party Crasher bashguard - SOLID! Good luck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a brand new Truvativ guide and/or crankset/bottom bracket off a 06 Bighit 2 if you are interested. They came on my frame but I swapped them out for other parts. Check Specialized's website for details on the stock 06 Bighit 2 chainguide and cranks. Send me a PM if you are interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts