Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a santa cruz chemeleon (HT) that is set up for mountain cross, freeride, urban, street. i am having trouble deciding between the MRP 3 or the E13 STS for my bike. which do u think i would like more? also, other chainguide suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
sreiman said:
i have a santa cruz chemeleon (HT) that is set up for mountain cross, freeride, urban, street. i am having trouble deciding between the MRP 3 or the E13 STS for my bike. which do u think i would like more? also, other chainguide suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
I love my E-13. Has not been finicky at all. Put it on bike. Ride. Thats all.

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
JBsoxB said:
go singlespeed....
dont listen to him. JB did you jsut recently decide urban was cool or something? all these "urban mods" to your bike recently make me think so. and by judging the way you've set it up you just got what every pro rides. not tryin to be a dik here, just what ive noticed. ive got a full set of 9 gears int he back and an MRP system 3 that i just put on (*actually in relation to this thread*) which rocks pretty hard core as far as i can tell, but i jsut put it on tonight. but yeah ive got 9 gears and ill out ride you anyday in the city. sure, single speed is nice and simple sometimes but yeah gears are better.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
zerossix said:
dont listen to him. JB did you jsut recently decide urban was cool or something? all these "urban mods" to your bike recently make me think so. and by judging the way you've set it up you just got what every pro rides. not tryin to be a dik here, just what ive noticed. ive got a full set of 9 gears int he back and an MRP system 3 that i just put on (*actually in relation to this thread*) which rocks pretty hard core as far as i can tell, but i jsut put it on tonight. but yeah ive got 9 gears and ill out ride you anyday in the city. sure, single speed is nice and simple sometimes but yeah gears are better.
sorry about this sudden overflow, but i've been planning to make this switch for a while....

the main reason i'm so excited is because i'm coming from deore.... so now when i land i am not in a different gear, and my knees have not hit the bar yet....

EDIT: Sur eif you have a good drivetrain, gears are way better/more effective for getting around and on trails, but for urban and dj, single speed'll work. My next bike(s) will have gears if it makes you feel any better... ;)

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
i dunno i just need my gears. just dont set your bike up the way you see pros and other guys do it just cause they do it is my point. i hate seeing people ride single speed with one break and blah blha blah just cause kyle strait does it. like i said, i got nine gears and two brakes and i can hold my own when it comes to urban. as far as DJing goes....we wont go there, theres no dirt in the city.

fyi, i got the same sh*ty deore set up

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i aggree , and i need my front break cause i do trials ish stuff on my bike too.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
zerossix said:
i dunno i just need my gears. just dont set your bike up the way you see pros and other guys do it just cause they do it is my point. i hate seeing people ride single speed with one break and blah blha blah just cause kyle strait does it. like i said, i got nine gears and two brakes and i can hold my own when it comes to urban. as far as DJing goes....we wont go there, theres no dirt in the city.

fyi, i got the same sh*ty deore set up
i didn't know Kyle straight ran his bike like that.... :confused:

i dig the simplicity of SS, 'nuff said oh, and the bike lost about 4 lbs.... :D

and my deore was trashed... :D

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
sreiman said:
4 pounds. thats whopper. hahaha. u had 4 pounds worth of deraliers and brakes?
and boomerangs and dirt and seat and other stuff i swapped out...

i wanna put the krads back on...

i'm happy with it, just it'll be hard to ride up the hill to school tomorrow.... w/e, i'm gonna race dh eventually, gotta build up endurance some how! :D

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
I use DRS, but not with a saint... the guide is the shiznits.

I would bet my hard earned money that its completely compatible with the saint though. e13 wouldn't ignore that market segment. Give them a call, they're good about answering the phones and happy to talk tech. --yahoo or google their website to get their contact info..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.