Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a new frame with the standard setup of a narrow-wide and clutch dereailleur. I've been doing 1x10 on my last bike with an E13 SRS+, but I want to move to a cleaner setup (lot of leaves work their way between the bash and the ring).

Here's what I'm looking for:
-Upper Guide
-Taco Bash
-No lower guide/tensioner
-No bigger than 36-tooth

I spun out a few times last year on a 32-tooth ring in some races, so I'm toying with the idea of throwing a 34 or 36 tooth on for gameday.

The MRP AMG looks good, but for my needs its a 32-38 taco, which is way bigger than I need. E13 used to make the free-chucker which would be perfect but its gone now I guess.

Does anyone know if the lower guide on the new LG1 is removable? Or would I have to break it off to get rid of it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, mind taking a picture?

Not that I don't believe you, I just want to get an idea of what that looks like set up on a bike.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Looked at it last night but somehow forgot to take a picture. I must have a different version than they are advertising now. It has a 28-34t range.

DSC04130-620x482.jpg

Unlike the AMG shown in the pic at the top of my backplate there is a 34 etched in. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I recently bought what was advertised as an 28-32t AMG and it goes up to 34t as well. I'm not sure if it is an older, or newer version though. I'd give MRP a call.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks for the help guys. I shot MRP an email to see what they have to say. Their webstore lists an alloy version that does 28-34, and the carbon version does 28-32. Probably should've looked there first, but you'd think the product page would list all their options out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's what they have to say:
HI Dan,
Sorry for the confusion
The Carbon AMG sizes are 28-32 and 32-38

The alloy AMG sizes are 28-34 and 32-38

Definitely let your shop know which version you want so there is no confusion.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a superb day!!
Alloy version it is, thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts