Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tire Geek O_o
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 2008 Reign 0, and I have come to realize that the big sprocket, has never ever been used, but my chain plainly slaps the frame hard on any harsh road...My bike is completely stock.

So I am considering a Chain guide with taco bash protection. But I don't know what I should look for, and what are the implications? change of rear derailleur, front derailleur, crank set, etc....:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i´d appreciate any tips..:thumbsup:

·
Slower But Faster
627 Posts
Bottom bracket mount chain guide like an E13 DRS plus a bash ring is all you really need, plus shorten up the chain. Change your front cogs for something you like when the current ones wear out (e.g. 36/24),.You could fit a medium cage rear derailleur and, if you really get carried away, a dual ring specific front derailleur. Cranks dont need to be changed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You could also just wrap the chainstay (part of frame getting whacked by chain) with an old tire tube to prevent the noise and frame knicking

·
Tire Geek O_o
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have done that, a bit to late though... but I was thinking on doing the same just with tennis racquet grip band, that should work the same and be much lighter...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts