Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any recommendations on a chain guide for a podium, got clutch mech and a 34T Chromag clocker single ring...been dropping a chain every 6th/7th run. was thinking about narrow wide but reckon a chainguide is safest for drops..

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I've got a Zee Clutch RD, Clocker ring, and put on my MRP G3 on there when I moved it of the Chili. Haven't ridden it yet, although the G3 replaced a G2SL, and I didn't ever have any issues with that set up.

HTH.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks. both the g3 and lg1 are same rrp here, going to order the G3 mini spotted it with a 20% discount on evans cycles...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I haven ridden MRP, e13 and Gamut. I have broken 3 MRP, and have one on my Podium now. When that one breaks I will not be getting a new one. My favorite of the three is the Gamut. I think I just dont like the style of the e13, but I have had it the longest, and it has not broken (its on my dirt jumper/street bike now)
I have heard great things about the Blackspire, so I might try that next, if I need another guide. (my Chilcotin no longer needs a guide, and I don't even have a N-W ring or clutch derailleur)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven ridden MRP, e13 and Gamut. I have broken 3 MRP, and have one on my Podium now. When that one breaks I will not be getting a new one. My favorite of the three is the Gamut. I think I just dont like the style of the e13, but I have had it the longest, and it has not broken (its on my dirt jumper/street bike now)
I have heard great things about the Blackspire, so I might try that next, if I need another guide. (my Chilcotin no longer needs a guide, and I don't even have a N-W ring or clutch derailleur)
thanks for the feedback & good timing!!..haven't ordered yet, was just about to though...

not too worried about looks, my dayglo green podium is looking way too cool for an ugly chainguide to kill the show :)

which model of gamut have you been using?

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,836 Posts
Sorry you've had issues rdhfreethought - were any of them warranty situations?

I have 100% confidence the quality of our latest guides - the G3, AMg, etc. I'll personally guarantee them - anyone has a problem they can contact me here. I haven't had a single issue with our latest products, and I've had them on my bike(s) since the R&D days almost two years ago.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
chris....
on the podium im running an e13 lg1 so is col on his demo. on the chilli and endo, were running blackspire,,,, all have been great. work well and never dropped a chain.
on my stylus im not running a guide. just a xt clutch mech and narrow wide 36t ring. been out on it for the last 4 weeks, and not dropped a chain yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts