Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 EL Mariachi which I love but lately my chain has developed a sag and on occasion I have thrown it while riding (NOT COOL!). Based on my own observations as well as a trusted mechanic @ the LBS we have decided that the ECC BB is in the forward most position. That said the current set-up consists of and ENO Crankset (36t.), Chris King SS Cog (20t.) and a KMC KOOL chain. I am considering dropping to a smaller toothed cog for the rear to help as there is not quite enough slack to remove an entire link.

Any thoughts?

Many Thanks in advance,

PF

·
Registered
217 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be able to remove a link (set) and adjust your EBB so that you have proper tension.

I realize that you said you were unable to remove a link because then the chain would not be long enough, but you should be able to readjust the EBB to accommodate it.

-Nate

·
Registered
217 Posts
douglas said:
How much is the mariachi's EBB suppose to move, mine only moves a tiny bit
If the locking blot (allen bolt in end of the EBB) is loosened all the way and chain is removed it should spin 360 degrees.

If is still does not spin, make sure that the screw on the underside of the frame that holds on the cable guide is removed.

If that still does not work, you may need to tap the EBB out of the frame, grease the crap out of it, and reinstall.

Hope this helps
-Nate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.