Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all got a question has any one got any idea why after i changed all my drivetrain parts i am still getting some Slippage,i am using xt mechs sram chain and cass and a middleburn chainset...i mean its not doing it every ride but its done it twice in the last week,parts are 2 weeks old thanks murf

·
Registered
335 Posts
i think you need to elaborate on "slippage" is it falling off the chainrings in the front or is it "ghost shifting" on the cassette. If it is moving around on the cassette it probably needs a r. derailler adjustment. If it is dropping off the chainrings the chain is most likely too long...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope the whole chain seems to moves foreward ..do u think it could be the freehub body wearing out.that was the only thing i did not change or think would need changing..thanks
murf

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
He already stated he "changed all my drivetrain parts".

Personally it was suggested by a shop that sells both Sram and Shimano that shimano cassettes worked better with shimano chains. Don't know if it's true, but I always have and have no problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i changed everything bar the rear hub ,its gotta be it ?I aint the lightest and have been doing a 18 mile commute every day suppose stuff just wears out :( ..new wheel next week me thinks . :) thanks murf .

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Could simply be you haven't adjusted the derailleur correctly. Did you set the cable tension properly? Did you cut the chain to the proper length? Are your front chainrings flat? Is your derailleur hanger even the slightest bit bent?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.