Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what I need to adjust to get rid of chain slap when I pedal in reverse. The chain gets caught up in the front derialleur & jams everything up. It only happens when I pedal in reverse for some reason.
Can my chain be to long or is it just a matter of adjusting the set screws to get it correct. I recently put on a new front derialleur & everything worked fine for awhile then this started happening?

thanks

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
its not called chain slap, chain slap is when your chain slaps the chain stays on rough terain, as for your problem, usually a minor adjustment, dirty drivetrain, bent chain rings. mine sometimes does it sometimes doesnt. look at the alaignment between the chain and whatever gears you have it in when it happens, prob. off a bit why are you pedaling backwards? the deraillier system is supposed to have tension while pedaling forward, when pedaling backward the tension is on the wrong side so its easier to derail if anything is amiss. not a big deal

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.