1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Sure appears the rings have real chainring bolts holding them on...running just a ramped middle ring alone is another subject :D

ps Also shorter chainring bolts...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One Pivot said:
you can find the better deore level crankset for the same price or just a few bucks more.
I know that but I need something with a square spindle (or whatever it's called). At the very least I just need a drive side crank arm with removable chainrings, I would prefer black. Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
mtnbiker7 said:
I know that but I need something with a square spindle (or whatever it's called). At the very least I just need a drive side crank arm with removable chainrings, I would prefer black. Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell.
Why not just check the specs on each crank you're thinking about? Just getting another square taper type crank may work, may not; they're somewhat bottom bracket spindle length specific for chainline (depends on manufacturer/model and the intended bottom bracket for a given chainline). Then there are different crank arm lengths; if you want to run different lengths that's up to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.