Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Turner 5 Spot, and I was going to put my LRP on it from my old bike. The LRP is like new but its the older silver one with the allens to tighten it against the bottom bracket But the left non drive crank arm now hits the bb. So I couldn't put the LRP on. I am running some 2004 xt cranks with a 73 x 113 bb. Will a 73x118 bb solve my problem or an E bottom bracket/ will that make up the space for the LRP? What size Bottom Bracket and cranks are you guys running with the LRP on a Turner? I have an drs E-13 as well but It needs a new roller, that I might put on and some Race Face Isis NOrth SHores but I need a new bottom Bracket for it as well. Let me know what you would run if you had these options????

·
carpe mañana
7,313 Posts
thepangman said:
I just bought a Turner 5 Spot, and I was going to put my LRP on it from my old bike. The LRP is like new but its the older silver one with the allens to tighten it against the bottom bracket But the left non drive crank arm now hits the bb. So I couldn't put the LRP on. I am running some 2004 xt cranks with a 73 x 113 bb. Will a 73x118 bb solve my problem or an E bottom bracket/ will that make up the space for the LRP? What size Bottom Bracket and cranks are you guys running with the LRP on a Turner? I have an drs E-13 as well but It needs a new roller, that I might put on and some Race Face Isis NOrth SHores but I need a new bottom Bracket for it as well. Let me know what you would run if you had these options????
I ran the DRS on the Spot with a standard 113mm Signature FR bottom bracket. I bought the DH cup to have a flange and had to put a few spacers inside of the cup to get my chainline correct. I later switched to Deus with X-type bb and didn't have to do anything to get it set up.

_MK

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
No spacers. The octalink bb's only have a flange on the drive side, so it would not be possible to place a spacer on the non-drive side anyway. Any spacers on the drive side (in addition to the guide itself) would start to whack the chainline. I would only add a spacer on the drive side if there was crank interference with the guide, which should not occur.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tscheezy said:
I have a couple of chainguides (MRP LRP, Heim, e13 DRS) that I run on my 6-Pack using an e-type 118mm ES51 (XT octalink) bb with my XT hollowtech cranks (same as you).
Is your bb 73mm x 118 e type. I saw a few on line for cheap. Does using the e -type and the e-13 make up the space difference for a deraileur? Have any issues with the chain line/ shifting?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.