Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running an ENO Crankset with a Chris King Stainless Cog. That said I need to know what the best chain to use is. I tried to put on a SRAM 8spd. today and it fit the King Cog PERFECTLY but the spacing wasn't quite right on the White Industries Chainring.

Recommendations?

Thank you all in advance,

PF:thumbsup:

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
The dozens of other threads on this topic see the KMC and SRAM chains most recommended.

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
PanFry said:
I tried to put on a SRAM 8spd. today and it fit the King Cog PERFECTLY but the spacing wasn't quite right on the White Industries Chainring.

Recommendations?
something is amuck.
8 spd chains are 3/32 chains - 3/32 chains (be they CALLED 8spd or singlespeed) make for the best single speed chain (in my opinion).

unless there is wear on the chain or the ring of some unnatural or generally expired nature they should all marry together quite nicely.

can you describe your spacing issue a little more clearly? pictures?

·
Registered
160 Posts
worn ring?

I'm also using a WI ENO crank and King cog. I run SRAM 8-speed chains and replace them as soon as they show any wear on a Park chain checker. I'm guessing your chainring is probably worn. Mine's about due too....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.