Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had wheels built by these guys - they are the ones in England?
Right now - they seem to be cheaper on the wheelset that I am considering.

Any comments suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
I have a set of Hope Pro 2 with DT 5.1d rims for a little over 6 months and no issues so far... you even get the wheelbuilder's name on the sheet (so you can call and complain :p )

EDIT: delivery is very fast, it was shipped about 48 hours after ordered and received in germany about 2 days after that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks crisillo,
can you tell me how they shipped the wheels? that is my biggest concern is with international shipping what is going to happen to my wheels.

i am looking at the pro 2 hubs on some DT's -

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
No problem.

They were packed in a "wheel box" with their logo on the side, a couple pieces of carton top and bottom, and a couple on the sides and separating the wheels... it looked like "standard wheel packaging" to me... at least it was as good or better as any other set of wheels I have received by mail.

I hope this helps...

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
How is the intercontinental shipping cost?
I know that shipping is OK within Europe but I have also noticed that in some cases shipping across the Atlantic can be pretty steep with larger items.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes,i can vouch for the build quality.I have chainreaction built wheels on all three of my bikes,the oldest pair being over 3 years old now and still nice and tight.They also have a good reputation on the uk mtb forums.Also packaging of wheels for shipment is excellent,heartily reccommended.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone,I live in France and i've ordered a couple times at CRC,they are serious.My last order was set of wheels:Hope pro2\dt swiss4.2d.Like it was said before,the package that they were ship in was good.I live in a place were the trails are very rocky,they have 200km and are doing good.The built for me is OK.This set of wheels was a goog upgrade on my Trance.Happy trails.Hope my english wasn't too bad.;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a set of dmr deevee rims on Dmr revolver hubs from crc and they came packed well. They were a cheap set for the jump bike. They have lasted fine. I'm in the uk and use crc all the time. They are very helpful if you have problems to. I had slight oscilation in the free hub on the wheelset and they just replaced it for free. They are mail order type compant so there packing is always up to scratch

·
Registered
485 Posts
I live near Chain Recation Cycles ( about 40 miles away) here in Northern Ireland.

I ordered an Onyx hub on a DT swiss 5.1d at 10am on Thurdsay morning and had it delivered to my workplace by 11am on the Friday. Well packed. Yet to ride the wheel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.