Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Chain Reaction a good choice for ordering a bike?

• Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 18.5%
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
COOTIES is a great excuse for many shortfallings as of late! When I have ordered from Tarty Bikes, I have received my order faster than if I ordered through Universal. Universal is one state away. Of course, this was before COOTIES was invented.
I'm sure many like to have a new excuse for their own lack of planning. But it is a fact that global shipping on average is slower now in addition to larger demand.

I bet buying specific items from an LBS often takes longer since they also have to order.

FWIW, I ordered an i9 rearhub that is made in the US and it took 4 months.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I ordered Sunday , 3amish UK time. 40 minutes later I realized I ordered the wrong item.

They have no phone number listed, 0 way to contact them.

They don't staff their live chat, during the hours it says they do.

When I search their help state they will send the incorrect item to me and refuse to cancel the order, directly in breach of their return policy. I'm trying to return the item before shipping (which is the same as cancellation as much as cancellation is the same as a return) however their return system tells me the order doesn't exist. They still have not replied to email, However had plenty of time to update twitter on Monday.

So according to these liars its impossible to stop sending the item half way around the world, Yet at the same time the order does not exist yet in their system to be refunded. Which obviously proves the whole thing is just a way for them to maximize profits for themselves and frustrations for their customers. Retail, Does not have some magic exception to "cant cancel order" wholesale businesses do, Because it makes sense. If you can't cancel an order its not retail. Its wholesale pretending to be retail.

This is a breach of consumer law where I live and I'm within my grounds to refuse delivery then file a chargeback against my card. I've done it before, the bank complies.

Anyway hopefully the next email I get is an actual response, if they can stop using social media for a minute and operate their business as legally required to do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
So I ordered Sunday , 3amish UK time. 40 minutes later I realized I ordered the wrong item.

When I search their help state they will send the incorrect item to me and refuse to cancel the order, directly in breach of their return policy. I'm trying to return the item before shipping (which is the same as cancellation as much as cancellation is the same as a return) however their return system tells me the order doesn't exist. They still have not replied to email, However had plenty of time to update twitter on Monday.

So according to these liars its impossible to stop sending the item half way around the world, Yet at the same time the order does not exist yet in their system to be refunded. Which obviously proves the whole thing is just a way for them to maximize profits for themselves and frustrations for their customers. Retail, Does not have some magic exception to "cant cancel order" wholesale businesses do, Because it makes sense. If you can't cancel an order its not retail. Its wholesale pretending to be retail.

This is a breach of consumer law where I live and I'm within my grounds to refuse delivery then file a chargeback against my card. I've done it before, the bank complies.

Anyway hopefully the next email I get is an actual response, if they can stop using social media for a minute and operate their business as legally required to do.
This is an excellent observation and something I had thought about. PayPal has some decent consumer protection, including dispute resolution, and that was my plan for payment. In that I'm spending ~$1,700 on a bike, I want to have some consumer protection on my side. It is frustrating and a little concerning that Wiggle/Chain Reaction does not have more responsive customer-service. Keep us posted on how this turns out. EDIT: Found this for Wiggle.
1000 Lakeside, Nortyheast Wing 3rd Floor, Suite 310 Portsmouth, PO6 3EN United Kingdom
PHONE: 44-23-9237-8552

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is an excellent observation and something I had thought about. PayPal has some decent consumer protection, including dispute resolution, and that was my plan for payment. In that I'm spending ~$1,700 on a bike, I want to have some consumer protection on my side. It is frustrating and a little concerning that Wiggle/Chain Reaction does not have more responsive customer-service. Keep us posted on how this turns out. EDIT: Found this for Wiggle.
1000 Lakeside, Nortyheast Wing 3rd Floor, Suite 310 Portsmouth, PO6 3EN United Kingdom
PHONE: 44-23-9237-8552
They sent it, Ignored all my attempts to contact then "coincidentally" contacted me 30 minutes after I got the DHL email showing they sent it.

Shopping online for 20 years, This is the oldest trick in the book. Wait till you send it, then say "just got your email sorry" they then proceeded to ignore every correct legal example I gave including my right to cancellation (worded exactly like that)

Unfortunately this is what so many businesses do, Deliberately understaff customer service for profit, Then blame the "system" they created themselves. Was initially going to cancel and re-order their brand-x ascend dropper post , However, You cant even find a brand-x website which means with warranty issues, you have to deal with this same customer service...ewww.. Ordered a crank bros highline 3 from amazon for a bit more instead.

Right now they tell me "just return it" which puts me out my $10 inital shipping fee + $30 international return shipping.

Instead I'm teaching these dotty lepreachauns a lesson , filing chargeback with the valid evidence I have, If my bank refuses I take bank to banking ombudsman and get thousands. When their package arrives here I refuse it, If it got transferred to local mail it is entirely their responsibility to arrange pickup of the item from me at their cost.

Like I said, time to teach them some manners.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

Did you send an email or only the live chat?
I don't recall the minute details. But some years ago I ordered from CRC and changed my mind. I emailed them to make the change (something like a different cassette than I ordered). I don't recall if they edited my order, or cancelled it and I placed a new order. But they were responsive per email. Obviously this only works if you catch them before they are too far into the packaging/shipping process.

Obviously it would be nice if they just had a cancel button that you can use until the moment it can't get cancelled anymore, like amazon has.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd refuse the package, you can't be charged for something you didn't receive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did you send an email or only the live chat?
I don't recall the minute details. But some years ago I ordered from CRC and changed my mind. I emailed them to make the change (something like a different cassette than I ordered). I don't recall if they edited my order, or cancelled it and I placed a new order. But they were responsive per email. Obviously this only works if you catch them before they are too far into the packaging/shipping process.

Obviously it would be nice if they just had a cancel button that you can use until the moment it can't get cancelled anymore, like amazon has.
Everything. Live chat wasn't available , despite them operating order processing. (they claim they are open 24/7 365 days) the various mentioned of a "phone us" in their site turned out to be false and misleading, No number to call.

Sent email 40 minutes after order. Sent 3 more emails over the next 12 hours after reading their illegal policies. Also contacted on Facebook.

If you dig through the fakepilot reviews you see endless cases of them sending the wrong item and ignoring the customer and people claiming returns were never processed.

Check out productreview.com.au reviews of wiggle (same business), They aren't a complete joke like Trustpilot . Trustpilot leave reviews written by bots with variable strings in the text 🤦 and reporting them seems to have no effect.

Wiggle.com.au 2.3 stars

Compare this to the AU fakepilot reviews of wiggle 4.4 stars.

However international wiggle customers know whats up:

Wiggle.com is rated "Poor" with 2.5 / 5 on Trustpilot 2.5 stars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Everything. Live chat wasn't available , despite them operating order processing. (they claim they are open 24/7 365 days) the various mentioned of a "phone us" in their site turned out to be false and misleading, No number to call.

Sent email 40 minutes after order. Sent 3 more emails over the next 12 hours after reading their illegal policies. Also contacted on Facebook.

If you dig through the fakepilot reviews you see endless cases of them sending the wrong item and ignoring the customer and people claiming returns were never processed.

Check out productreview.com.au reviews of wiggle (same business), They aren't a complete joke like Trustpilot . Trustpilot leave reviews written by bots with variable strings in the text 🤦 and reporting them seems to have no effect.

Wiggle.com.au 2.3 stars

Compare this to the AU fakepilot reviews of wiggle 4.4 stars.

However international wiggle customers know whats up:

Wiggle.com is rated "Poor" with 2.5 / 5 on Trustpilot 2.5 stars.
Yeah, it seems like their return policy is 'clear': You have a whole 5 minutes, as long as you can find your order number (Order changes | Chain Reaction Cycles). This seems a little unreasonable within the world of on-line purchasing. You should always be able to get a live-chat, rapid response to email, or a live agent via phone. Seems rather shady and suspect. I guess it's 'hit or miss' with orders from CRC/Wiggle. What a drag. Let us know how it all plays out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, it seems like their return policy is 'clear': You have a whole 5 minutes, as long as you can find your order number (Order changes | Chain Reaction Cycles). This seems a little unreasonable within the world of on-line purchasing. You should always be able to get a live-chat, rapid response to email, or a live agent via phone. Seems rather shady and suspect. I guess it's 'hit or miss' with orders from CRC/Wiggle. What a drag. Let us know how it all plays out.
I just filed a Chargeback with the bank. By this time next week I will have my money back.

They also state they obey Australian consumer law , They have to , to sell and ship items here. One of my consumer rights is "A right to cancellation" only ever waived through wholesale contract purchases with specific terms and conditions. This is a retail purchase.

Paypal told me I could add the guest checkout to my account, but like the 20 other times I followed Paypals automated help it doesn't actually work at all.

Technically I'm charging back Paypal but consumer law gives %$#@#$ about that. There is actually enough of this if people wrote ACCC complaints instead of trustpilot / productreviews they would probably be fined or banned from selling in Australia (or forced to comply) , Just like Steam had to with PC game refunds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well surprise surprise, I think CRC actually googled "ACCC fines" and realized the 5 thing they told me in email responses consisting of: "oops sorry thats our policy cant do anything" , were both incorrect and in themselves a breach of consumer law as they were misinforming me my rights.

Let it be known to anyone with an uncancelled wiggle or CRC order, THEY CAN CANCEL THE ORDER EVEN IN THE MIDDLE OF SHIPPING. Just file a chargeback, Remind them they are criminal scum and wait for this email.

Do you think I'm still not submitting an ACCC complaint ? bahahaha. Lets hope they get a 50k fine (if enough of us complain they will)

·
Sneaker man
3,437 Posts
I can see it now, just like Evans Cycles...due to lots of issues, we no longer ship to Australia

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can see it now, just like Evans Cycles...due to lots of issues, we no longer ship to Australia
That's up to them they can operate illegally, Continuing to misinform people of their rights and ignoring their own policies , resulting in the above potentially ^

Or they can pony up like a good global citizen and obey the same laws you and I have to earning our own crust!

Or, We could all be simps accept the **** treatment out of fear we wont be able to order in the future :D. I don't think that ones for me.

·
passed out in your garden
2,844 Posts
ACCC? you think that toothless tiger can do anything? and CRC really care?

l'd have cancelled CC payment, informed CRC of such, and left it at that.

l personally think youve carried on like a bit of a dick. Get offended and defend yourself and be more of a dick, but l wont respond to you anymore about this matter.

Im now in Europe, used CRC & Wiggle a few times, no issues.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ACCC? you think that toothless tiger can do anything? and CRC really care?

l'd have cancelled CC payment, informed CRC of such, and left it at that.

l personally think youve carried on like a bit of a dick. Get offended and defend yourself and be more of a dick, but l wont respond to you anymore about this matter.

Im now in Europe, used CRC & Wiggle a few times, no issues.
Thank you for your feedback.

But , Are you sure rather then cancelling your CC payment you wouldn't of done nothing at all, Or begged them then accepted their response? Given your example here once you asked you would of got nervous and run back under your bridge stating "I wont respond any more in this matter"

Further more, The ACCC isn't toothless, We have had game and software refunds in Australia for some time thanks to them.. Among other things. The ACCC i only weakened by the weak themselves. The "inaction of good men".

Its quite often the towed line of the corporate simp/fanboy to tell someone "they've carried on" while their simpish meek arses enjoy the rights and freedoms won by people who've "carried on". I'm guessing you're an Apple fan as well?

Not sure why you hoped or expected me to get offended by someone with the profile line "passed out in your garden" I'm also not offended by garden gnomes either :sleep:

·
Registered
36 Posts
well you made me a liar, although lm not responding about CRC, just your "dickness"

dude....absolutely not!
and thanks for proving me correct
Your = You're , Assuming you're telling me "You are"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
<humor>
So, are we saying that I should or should not order a Ragley Big Al 1.0 as soon as they arrive at CRC? I've sort of 'lost the bubble'... :)
</humor>

41 - 60 of 72 Posts