Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Chain Reaction a good choice for ordering a bike?

• Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 18.5%
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
With duty paid shipping, the last thing I ordered from them came in a day and a half.

I'm not even sure how that's possible.

Reactions: BRnPA

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I ordered a dropper post from them that arrived in a busted box in a box. It took like a month to get here, likely because it was busted open going through customs. Chain reaction themselves was fine too deal with though

Reactions: BRnPA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I ordered a dropper post from them that arrived in a busted box in a box. It took like a month to get here, likely because it was busted open going through customs. Chain reaction themselves was fine too deal with though
For those of us old enough to remember...

·
Registered
20 Posts
My only issues with my bike purchase from chain reaction were 1) I had to go through and re-tighten several bolts on the bike before riding it and 2) several weeks after getting the bike, the rear derailleur (SRAM NX) took dump on me. When I called them for warranty, they wanted me to pay $170 to ship it back. Instead, I bought a SRAM GX derailleur for $70. Chain Reaction said they would reimburse me the cost of the shipping IF, AND ONLY IF, it was determined the derailleur was bad and I would have to pay shipping to get it back.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,365 Posts
Never ordered a bike but all the parts orders I placed had no problems.

·
Sneaker man
3,437 Posts
Got to say, the golden days of chain reaction are over, so like 2010-2015 when they had huge stock ranges of pretty much everything and it was all at great prices and cheap post...those days are over...and it only got worse once they got bought by Wiggle (who them selves had a few golden years of overlap) but they are still pretty good.
I dont buy as much from them as I used to (and never bought a bike, did buy a frame from Wiggle, but that was before the buyout merger so not the same), but still buy from occasionally and they are fine.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've ordered from there on a few occasions with no issues and fairly quick shipping times.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
furker
224 Posts
Got to say, the golden days of chain reaction are over, so like 2010-2015 when they had huge stock ranges of pretty much everything and it was all at great prices and cheap post...those days are over...and it only got worse once they got bought by Wiggle (who them selves had a few golden years of overlap) but they are still pretty good.
I dont buy as much from them as I used to (and never bought a bike, did buy a frame from Wiggle, but that was before the buyout merger so not the same), but still buy from occasionally and they are fine.
I agree with the golden days comments. Gone are the days of high trim level Ghosts and other bikes at 40-60% discounts like in their hay-day. And it isn't just Covid pricing. The big deals had already began drying up a couple of years ago with 15-25% being more typical.

With that said, I've had nothing but good experiences with them, as long as you don't need to talk to them on the phone and don't mind unpredictable shipping times (sometimes amazingly fast, other times not so much).

·
Cycologist
7,539 Posts
I've ordered parts from them, never had an issue except my last order appeared to have fallen out of the boat on the way over, fished out and then fell out of the truck and run over a few times. The shipping label was completely destroyed and someone had handwritten a new one. I have no idea how they knew what address I was at. But fortunately the product was ok. Here's the yikes! part: it was a carbon handlebar.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I've ordered Stans rims from them as well as a full cromo bmx bike for my son. They came so fast both times I was astonished and left scratching my head as to why our domestic parts houses can't get it to you faster.

·
unrooted
1,277 Posts
I just got my Nukeproof Mega 290 XXL frame last week! It took 2 weeks to ship it though...I ordered an extra derailleur hanger & brandX dropper with the same order and they shipped immediately. The good thing is shipping was crazy fast to California. I’ve been considering a 4130 Ragley frame to use the parts from my Banshee Prime...but the shipping really skewers any cost savings...also been thinking about the Canfield steel ht.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'm surprised people complain about a 2-week delivery time from a store across the Ocean, and more importantly behind a custom office it has to go through during COVID. If you track shipping, you'll see they ship very quickly and it arrives in the US within very few days. All slowness comes once it has landed here. Can't blame CRC.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I'm surprised people complain about a 2-week delivery time from a store across the Ocean, and more importantly behind a custom office it has to go through during COVID. If you track shipping, you'll see they ship very quickly and it arrives in the US within very few days. All slowness comes once it has landed here. Can't blame CRC.
This. DHL has their **** together.

·
Rippin da fAt
8,567 Posts
COOTIES is a great excuse for many shortfallings as of late! When I have ordered from Tarty Bikes, I have received my order faster than if I ordered through Universal. Universal is one state away. Of course, this was before COOTIES was invented.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
COOTIES is a great excuse for many shortfallings as of late! When I have ordered from Tarty Bikes, I have received my order faster than if I ordered through Universal. Universal is one state away. Of course, this was before COOTIES was invented.
I seem to recall a certain Banshee fellow arguing with me over this very point last summer :)

·
unrooted
1,277 Posts
That’s exactly the opposite of what I had happen. I ordered my frame and it took two weeks for their warehouse to ship, once it was shipped it got to California in 3 days.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts