Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I have been riding my bike (GT aggressor 1.0) for about a month and whenever I change my gears its really rough and changes gears in about 5 rotations of the pedals later. I don't have any clue about bike mechanics so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks heaps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,120 Posts
The ferrules and housing take a while to seat. Repeated pressure from shifting crams them together. So now the cable is a little too long. You can use the barrel adjuster knob at the rear derailleur and/or the shifter to take up some slack.
Later, or if you want to up your shifting performance a lot, make the rear cable run continuous with a higher quality setup like the Novara/Jagwire $19 kit from REI. Use zip ties or drill out the stops.
Novara Shift Cable Kit at REI.com
Lined housing, plastic ferrules and coated stainless cable. Superglue the cut spot before cutting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay thanks for the speedy reply, I wouldnt know the process above because I'm literally a newbie to everything mountain biking. More dumbed version would be great if you could. :D

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,438 Posts
learn this entire site for best lucky results

Derailer Adjustment

by the infamous Sheldon Brown, old school usenet kook and God of all things bikes.
RIP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts