Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The chain shifts smoothly all the way up to the 44T. It just won't shift off the 44T. I have to click the shifter twice to shift it off. At the same time I went from a 30T to a 28T OneUp Switch chainring. I did have to shorten the chain to remove some slack. I can't figure it out. Is is possible that the chain is too short? But if I didn't shorten the chain there would have been too much slack. I believe the limit and B tension to all be correct. I used the SRAM B tension gauge with the suspension sagged at 30%. Drivetrain is SRAM 11sp. Everything worked fine from the bike I took it from.

Besides a bent hanger...any other possibilities?

Chain with from the 30T chainring before shortening the chain. Bike is an Evil Following.

Thanks!

Spoke Rim Bicycle part Iron Bicycle drivetrain part

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I put the oval Garbaruk 30T back on and lengthened the chain back to where it was with the 30T (with a master link and a solid link) and it's shifting off the X cog with no problems. Is there something odd with the OneUp oval 28T? Should I have to shorten the chain just by going down two teeth?

Machine Nut Automotive engine part Silver Synthetic rubber

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.