Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good white chainguide for downhill and freeride, i'll be racing in the fluidride cup this next season and going to whistler and sun peaks. i'm looking at the e-13 LG-1 and the MRP

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check out Gamut p30 too, its a light bashguard.

Using a taco style on your bike voids the warranty on some bikes.... also using it on ISCG old instead of ISCG 05 is said to be a bad idea as ISCG( old) is weaker thank 05.. according to e13 dude Dave Weagle.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
irish_sloth said:
Check out Gamut p30 too, its a light bashguard.

Using a taco style on your bike voids the warranty on some bikes.... also using it on ISCG old instead of ISCG 05 is said to be a bad idea as ISCG( old) is weaker thank 05.. according to e13 dude Dave Weagle.
If you're worried, use the ISCG adapter that comes with the LG1 and it mounts on the BB instead of the Frame Tabs.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Mwehahaha said:
Gamut. They are light, strong and reliable. (and they come in white too...)
I second that. I've had fantastic experience with Gamut guides (I've used the P20, new P30, and the P40 over the past two seasons).

They make a great product, and because they're local they let me pick up at their house. They're super friendly, too. Always down for a chit-chat about bikes, or whatever's going on.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Looks like you're getting a gamut, but I'm shouting out for the LG1 - never dropped a chain, the bash slides over things and doesn't catch, its a bit "softer" then an alu bashring and doesn't jolt as much when you hit.

That said, the LG1, the G2, and the gamut p30 are all pretty damn reliable, and all pretty damn light weight. Enjoy your build

·
Registered
320 Posts
fighterkyle said:
any problems running the gamut with the new saint cranks, cuz i just ordered them?
From Sicklines:

"Using a Gamut style guide might prove to be quite difficult/impossible with these new Saint cranks until they make a Saint specific bash guard as using a Gamut bash guard will have the bash quite a bit further out from the chain."

I think you could probably get it work one way or another though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.