Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a mrp world cup for the past year or so and i beat the crap out of it. the thing that holds the roller on is almost worn through from the chain rubbing on it. I need a nice strong thick chain guide that wont bend or break. my only thoughts where the mrp bones... any ideas? thanks

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
nickweidinger said:
I have had a mrp world cup for the past year or so and i beat the crap out of it. the thing that holds the roller on is almost worn through from the chain rubbing on it. I need a nice strong thick chain guide that wont bend or break. my only thoughts where the mrp bones... any ideas? thanks
looking to evil/e.thirteen. make some sweet guides.

·
Registered
304 Posts
columbusFR said:
dinger, mrp sucks
Do you have any valid reasoning for that?

If your chain was rubbing then it obviously wasn't adjusted properly.

I've had 2 mrp's that I beat the crap out of and have had nothing but good luck.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
The difference with the MRP Bones is that the cranks are made of chromoly. I believe the rest of the system is the same as the other MRP systems, except it is black. I've had nothing but good luck with MRP
:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
konabiker said:
looking to evil/e.thirteen. make some sweet guides.
Those are some pretty sweet chain guides. The "roller" part of it looks a lot stronger than mrp, but also like it might have some problems shedding mud or getting rocks stuck in it. any problems with that? Lexan bash guard is awesome! i doubt i will ever be able to break it and theres no way to bend it

·
Registered
616 Posts
The MRP is lousy for shedding mud and gets mud, rocks and sticks in between the sprocket and inner and outer bash rings when riding in muddy conds.. The Evil doesn't have a fully round inner bash like the MRP just the boomerang. Seems the evil would be easier to clean out with a hose between runs.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
e.13 gets my vote, Great Cust. Serv.!!!!

Jonas @ e.13 will take care of you if you have a prob. My e.13 DRS was a'lil finiky but Jonas & binary visions, (mtbr members), walked me through it & got me straightened out. e.13 DRS doesn't get rocks, sticks or mud packed in it. It's been great. Very quiet too. Killer rubber roller. Initially it may be a'lil pricey, but the cust. serv. is worth it. It would be nice if the other companies would crawl out from under their rocks & cowboy up the way e.13 does when someone has a prob. ;) :p :D :cool:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Blackspire

I've been using Blackspire chain guides for the last two years. They are excellent. If you compare them side-by-side with an MRP, the Blackspire is much much thicker and a lot tougher. I always have some serious skid marks on the bottom of the inner plate, but haven't bent or broken a thing on them.

The E-13 chainguides are also sweet, but that lexan ring feels like it is made of lead -- I'd guess 2-3x heavier than the Blackspire. Now if they still said "EVIL" on them and had that flaming skull, I would own one. Can't go wrong with either the E-13 or Blackspire.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
watermoccasin said:
I've been using Blackspire chain guides for the last two years. They are excellent. If you compare them side-by-side with an MRP, the Blackspire is much much thicker and a lot tougher. I always have some serious skid marks on the bottom of the inner plate, but haven't bent or broken a thing on them.

The E-13 chainguides are also sweet, but that lexan ring feels like it is made of lead -- I'd guess 2-3x heavier than the Blackspire. Now if they still said "EVIL" on them and had that flaming skull, I would own one. Can't go wrong with either the E-13 or Blackspire.
saving weight is for the weak. haha e-13 it is.
thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.