Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Roll on Spring Time!
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently invested in a Cotic BFe and am starting to buy parts for my build. I stopped riding hardtails when I started riding freeride and DH so I am not familiar with certain aspects. Is a chain guide really neccessary? I will definately ride with a bashguard but if I decide to go dual ring then is a Guide neccessary? I like the look of the wicked racing setup with guide/derailer combo. If I ride single ring though what do I need to know? I have and SRS from my fully will this do or is there a better setup?:thumbsup:

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
If you post in this forum (Downhill/Freeride) you need a chainguide.

Question Answered.

The SRS is a super solid chainguide. You could get a DRS if you want a two ring setup as well.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Yeah, when it gets rough it keeps the chain in place and it quiets down the slapping.

I had a Blackspire Stinger on my hardtail and it was great, now it's on my FS.

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
The stinger is a great place to start. It's really just a tensioner, but it only costs $23.99 or something so if it works for you, bonus. If it doesn't, at least you didn't spend $124.99!

·
Roll on Spring Time!
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
raptor dude - your funny

i am going to research chainguides tonight and i remember good things about the stinger. I have only ever had a drs and srs. never had a freeride /dh hardtail so its a learning curve and any recommendations are welcome. obviously a bashguard will be going on but i was wondering what other options i had for guides. the e-13s arent light. i will look at the stinger later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.